In this article we try to provide information on all the pertinent details that one should know before getting a tattoo done. Once you are sure that you want to get the tattoo done, the design that you want to get and the location that you will have the tattoo, then the next step is to identify the right tattoo studio to get the job done. The points given in this article are true for not only the tattoo studios in Las Vegas but also for anywhere else. Let us first look at all the key points that one should verify regarding the tattoo studio.
- The first point to verify is whether the tattoo studio has all the right Tattoo Artist certifications. This will help you know whether the artists in the studio are professionally qualified or not.
- The next factor which weighs heavily whether or not to go for a particular tattoo studio is whether they have autoclave and have all the required sterilization certificates. This would let you know whether the tattoo studio is safe to go for or not.
- Similarly we should also verify with the professional tattoo artists wear protective latex gloves throughout the process of interaction with the client. This once again is important because usage of latex gloves ensures prevention against contamination.
- Another point that you need to be sure of is the cleanliness standards that the studio has – whether all the connected equipment are maintained well and are clean.
- Similarly one should observe carefully whether the ointments, creams, inks and for that matter even the water being used for tattooing purpose is discarded after use. The leftovers should be discarded but not added back into the main containers.
- The needles that are used for tattooing purpose should be disposable needles. Each of the needles should be individually packed and sealed with the manufacturing date clearly visible. They should be opened in front of the camera.
Now that you know the key aspects to look for before getting a tattoo done, let us now look at how to choose the tattoo studio.
- The first point to look out for is whether the shop is clean or covered with dust. Remember if they cannot keep their shop clean they cannot be bothered with cleaning their tattoo equipment. Steer clear off such shops they are not worth your time.
- Similarly the cleanliness standards maintained by the artist are very important. If the artist is missing out on personal hygiene one cannot expect him to be a big stickler to cleanliness of the equipment whether it is the needles or the tattooing machines. If the tattoo artist himself is stinking it is absolutely impossible for him to maintain the level of cleanliness expected from a professional tattoo artist.
- Another point to remember is if the staff at the tattoo studio are not willing to share the information pertaining to their cleanliness protocol, autoclave machines etc. then there is definitely a serious doubt whether they follow the required hygiene protocol. While verifying the cleanliness standards ensure that the autoclave used for sterilization is clean. If the autoclave itself is rusting then one cannot expect much sterilization from it.
- Similarly verify whether the tattoo studio has designated biohazard bins which are used for disposing the used needles and other tattooing equipment. If the tattoo studio does not have the biohazard bins in their office then it is highly likely that the used needles might be thrown around in the trash and can be easily accessed by others. This raises several potential hazardous issues.
Check all these factors before finalizing the tattoo artist and the tattoo studio. It is not that you are being excessively doubting and about them. It is at the end of the day your health at stake if they do not use the prescribed safety processes and hygiene standards. Hence ask all the right questions, take your time and only when you know that the tattoo studio and the professional tattoo artist are someone you can depend upon to do a good job, go ahead and get your tattoo done.
By following these guidelines I will definitely agree that this is a time consuming process. But having said that it is worth the time and the trouble to go through. There are quite a few tattoo studios in Las Vegas itself, hence you can go through the different parlors and then come up with the shortlisted studios to go for. At the end of the day remember that for a great tattoo, there is absolute need for not only an expert professional tattoo artist but also for one who ensures that the process is completely safe and hygienic.